BCWB Fall Challenge Basketball
Code of Conduct
Code of Conduct: In order to ensure that the
principles of sportsmanship, fair play, skill development, and mutual respect
among players, coaches, officials and spectators are the primary considerations
governing competition in the Basketball Coaches Without Boundaries Youth
Basketball League, the following code of Conduct has been established and
FOR PLAYERS: Each player will ensure that his/her playing conduct is that of a young lady or gentleman fairly competing to the limits of his/her ability. To satisfactorily meet this responsibility, the PLAYER is expected to:
1. Know the rules and abide by
2. Respect the game officials and refrain from addressing them or commenting on their decisions during the play of the game. The game captain or his designate may address the officials during the game, but only within the provisions of the rules and in a courteous, respectful manner.
3. Maintain control of his/her emotions, avoiding the use of abusive language or profanity, humiliating remarks, and/or gestures of ill temper, and physical assault upon another player at any time.
4. Respect the coaches and players of the opposing team and demonstrate appropriate gestures of sportsmanship at the conclusion of a game – be humble and generous in victory and proud and courteous in defeat.
5. Follow all facilities rules and regulations, respecting at all times the property of others.
6. Realize, accept and practice the principle that a team's reputation is built not only on its playing ability, but also on the sportsmanship, courtesy and manner of each individual player.
FOR SPECTATORS: Each spectator will ensure that his/her conduct while in attendance at games shall reflect courtesy, sportsmanship, good citizenship, and positive example for the players at all times. To satisfactorily meet these responsibilities, the SPECTATOR is expected to:
1. Respect the rules of the game.
2. Respect the game officials and refrain from questioning their decision or from addressing them in a loud, disrespectful or abusive manner.
3. Cheer for their team in a positive, supportive manner, refraining at all time from making hostile, negative or abusive remarks about the opposing team.
4. Refrain at all times from coming onto the court, or from throwing objects or other foreign material onto the court.
5. Follow all facilities rules and regulations, respecting at all times the property of others and the surrounding neighborhood
6. Demonstrate appropriate gestures of sportsmanship at the conclusion of the game, win or lose.
7. Realize, accept and practice the principle that a team's reputation is built not on its playing ability, but also on the sportsmanship, courtesy and citizenship of its fans.