Code of Conduct
Code of Conduct: In order
to ensure that the principles of sportsmanship, fair play, skill development,
and mutual respect among players, coaches, officials and spectators are the
primary considerations governing competition in the Basketball Coaches Without
Boundaries Youth Basketball League, the following code of Conduct has been
established and adopted.
FOR PLAYERS: Each player will ensure that his/her playing conduct is that of a young lady or gentleman fairy competing to the limits of his/her ability. To satisfactorily meet this responsibility, the PLAYER is expected to:
1. Know the
rules and abide by them.
2. Respect the game officials and refrain from addressing them or commenting on
their decisions during the play
of the game. The game captain or his designate may address the officials
during the game, but only within the provisions of the rules and in a
courteous, respectful manner.
3. Maintain control of his/her emotions, avoiding the use of abusive language or profanity, humiliating remarks, and/or gestures of ill temper, and physical assault upon another player at any time.
4. Respect the coaches and players of the opposing team and demonstrate appropriate gestures of sportsmanship at the conclusion of a game – be humble and generous in victory and proud and courteous in defeat.
5. Follow all park rules and regulations, respecting at all times the property of others.
6. Realize, accept and practice the principle that a team's reputation is built not only on its playing ability, but also on the sportsmanship, courtesy and manner of each individual player.
FOR SPECTATORS: Each spectator will ensure that his/her conduct while in attendance at games shall reflect courtesy, sportsmanship, good citizenship, and positive example for the players at all times. To satisfactorily meet these responsibilities, the SPECTATOR is expected to:
1. Respect the
rules of the game.
2. Respect the game officials and refrain from questioning their decision or from addressing them in a loud, disrespectful or abusive manner.
3. Cheer for their team in a positive, supportive manner, refraining at all time from making hostile, negative or abusive remarks about the opposing team.
4. Refrain at all times from coming onto the court, or from throwing objects or other foreign material onto the court.
5. Follow all park rules and regulations, respecting at all times the property of others and the surrounding neighborhood
6. Demonstrate appropriate gestures of sportsmanship at the conclusion of the game, win or lose.
7. Realize, accept and practice the principle that a team's reputation is built not on its playing ability, but also on the sportsmanship, courtesy and citizenship of its fans.